High five for setting a goal that’ll help you become the best version of you (though, let’s be honest, present-day you is pretty badass already). Making that commitment, whether your goal deals with work, weight, mental health, or anything else, is step one. Here’s step two: sticking with the goal so it actually comes to fruition. That part is a little trickier (OK, a lot trickier) since there are so many barriers that can get in your way.
- Set a specific goal (and then make it even more specific).
- Keep your goal to yourself.
- Identify the personal reasons behind the goal.
- Believe your willpower is unlimited.
- Pinpoint potential roadblocks in advance.
- Plan accordingly.
- Find a way to make your new habits enjoyable.
- Think about your gains.
- Embrace your competitive side for a quick dose of motivation.
- Reward your progress (even if it seems insignificant).
Read full article here: www.shape.com/