Regular, healthy sleep is one of the most important parts of making our lives healthier. Good night sleep improves physical outlook, maintains healthy mind and helps us to balance moods. Most people need between 7-8 hours of sleep a night, however that number can be different depending on your individual needs.
The following are some of many benefits of good night sleep:
- Improves overall health
- Hormone balance
- Prevents major and chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart attaches and heart disease
- Helps in weight control and weight reduction
- Increases energy levels
- Improves life
- Strengthens immune system
- Reduces pain
- Better mood
- Increases focus and concentration
- Better memory
- Clearer mind
- More positive outlook on life
- Improves learning abilities
- Improves brain function which helps solve problems
- Increases physical fitness and faster muscle build/tone
- Healthier looking skin
- Headache and migraines prevention
- Saves you money on medications and doctors
- You are less likely of getting addictions
- Become more productive.
You can create journal of sleep and write down how you feel in the morning – write how many hours you slept, how you feel after awaking and how easy was it for you to get out of bed. This way it may be easier for you to determine how many hours of sleep you actually need to feel good. You may need more sleep after training or when stressed. It’s always best to find out what works for you.